The law on workplace pensions has changed. Every employer with at least one member of staff now has new duties, including putting those who meet certain criteria into a workplace pension scheme and contributing towards it.
This is called automatic enrolment – because it’s automatic for your staff, they don’t have to do anything to be enrolled into your pension scheme. But it’s not automatic for you. You need to take steps to make sure they’re enrolled.
Each employer has a date by which they need to comply with the law – this is called your staging date.
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) are now offering auto enrolment assistance to members – from identifying your staging date, to keeping you fully up-to-date with all of the necessary information throughout your auto enrolment journey.
From just £399 (Plus VAT) they’ll help members set up an FSB auto-enrolment pension scheme, including the following services:
- Full compliance and administration support
- All current employees automatically enrolled
- Flexible contribution start date
- Free access to Scottish Widows pension administration software
- Dedicated telephone helpline and online support – Free of Charge
- Employee Engagement Pack including members website, internal communications support and regular updates
Non-members can find further information about Pensions Auto Enrolment here >>